How to Install Canvas Student for PC?
Canvas network offers multiple online courses throughout the world. You can log in to their site and start learning what you want to. However, it is not free, so you might have to consider it before applying. Canvas Student, on the other hand, is an app that lets you access your Canvas courses from anywhere. Some basic courses there are free, but for the best ones, you need to pay. And if you are not interested in using such an app on your phone? We got you covered with a way to install it on a PC.
A Quick, Brief method:
- Search for Bluestack on Google. Download and Install it.
- After all the steps of installation and configuration, open the Play Store on it.
- Provide the Google ID and search for Canvas Student.
- Click on Install and wait for the download.
- Once done, open the app from the home screen.
- Provide your Canvas ID and start using the app.
Step 1: First thing first, download either of these emulators, they’ll all work the same:
Step 2: You’ll get a small within 2MB file for the interface, install it.
Step 3: After the installation, you’ll be prompted to download the entire emulator which is almost 600MB.
Step 4: After that, the emulator will automatically configure itself based on your PC specs. (Don’t close the emulator or interrupt the process).
You can skip these steps if you already have installed an emulator on your PC
Step 5: Once the installation is done, open the Play Store.
Step 6: You’ll be asked to enter your Google ID, enter it if you haven’t done so.
Step 7: Once your account is added, click the search bar and enter Canvas Student.
Step 8: Click on Install and wait for download and installation.
Step 9: Close the Play Store and go back to the main screen.
Step 10: Open the Canvas Student for PC and login via your Canvas ID
Step 11: Enjoy!
About Canvas Student for PC:
If you are attending classes and getting courses at the canvas website, this app can be your best buddy. Simply put, you can install this app and track your whole progress and do tasks on it anywhere you are. You can star all those courses that you have taken or have ended. Moreover, you can share your progress with anyone you want or keep track of new courses that are coming. You’ll be notified about the stuff going on the app and you can check it on the spot.
However, keep in mind that this app has lots of limitations! So, if you have switched from the web version, you’ll feel a little angry at first. But once you get a hold to it, then everything becomes easy. So, bear a couple of days with it before you think of uninstalling it.
Featured of Canvas Student for PC:
- You can view grades and course content
- Quickly submit assignments
- Always keep track of course work with to-do list and calendar
- Directly send and receive messages
- Instantly Post to discussions
- Watch videos on courses.
- Take part in quizzes
- And receive push notifications for new grades and course updates, and much more!
Cons of Canvas Student:
- There is no archived button, so you might end up losing your assignments if you are not taking track of them.
- Classes cannot be searched or filter so assignments are a nightmare to find.
- Both the web and app won’t save the video you’ll make, so better check before submitting the assignment.
- So many features cramped in a user-friendly interface, thus the whole app gets confusing.
How Canvas Student for PC Works?
- Once you have downloaded the app, you’ll need to login via your Canvas ID.
- After that, you’ll be brought to an interface where your most important tasks are being shown.
- You can access groups or check the announcements and see what is due or completed.
- Keep in mind to check the entire app before losing your mind. Cuz it gets complicated if you don’t know where to go.