How to Install Rview for PC:
The open-world requires open-source projects. And these open source projects require the contributions of lots of people to complete. If you are among those who love to contribute to Gerrit open source projects? Then Rview for PC is a must app that you should have. It allows you to check what is going on in your favorite Gerrit projects. This app allows you to perform code reviews, perfect if you want to change your code instantly. And the best part, you can install this app on your PC as well. It just needs a windows-based PC running an Emulator. Without further ado, let us continue.
A Quick Guide:
So if you want to finish the tutorial quickly and fast. This small guide is for you.
- Download Bluestacks from their official site to avoid spam. Since bluestacks is the best emulator available, we prefer this, but you can try any other if you want.
- Install the Bluestacks and download the entire Game Engine that is necessary to run apps and games.
- After that enter the Google ID to run the Play Store.
- Search for Rview and click on Install.
- Once the installation is over. Open the app and enjoy using Rview for PC.
There are some users that always face problems while following the tutorial above. So this is a detailed tutorial that will also cover all the problems that you might face along with their solutions.
Step 1: Here are the links you can follow to download an Android Emulator:
Step 2: Regardless of what you download, the installation process is quite the same. So feel free to download any of them.
Step 3: Open the downloaded file and you’ll see the interface of the emulator. That will start the downloading of the Engine. That is needed to run apps and games.
Step 4: This brings us to the final step of the installation. Now here, most of the people say that the installation failed. That usually happens cuz of the windows defender, disable it and retry and the installation will be successful.
Step 5: In order to access the Play Store, a Google ID is needed, provide one and open the Play Store.
Step 6: Search for Rview on the Play Store.
Step 7: Click on Install to start the installation and click Open to use the Rview for PC.
About Rview for PC:
This is not your typical application, this is specifically for those who are engaged in open source projects. And they must be engaged on the Gerrit portal. Then they can use this app to review and check their codes. And thus make changes in it or call it final for approval. They can view open, merged, or abandoned changes. And if they can’t see any changes, they can search for changes, that helps a lot.
You can either compare changes based on text or visuals. Then you can edit a file and make it public for revision. For those who want to make changes in the app itself? Rview is open-source, you can find the source code on Github. Make the changes as you like and then publish an app that you think is better.
Features of Rview for PC:
- An open-source app, perfect for changes and updates.
- Authentication for better security.
- Dark theme for eye comfort.
- Notifications for changes and updates in codes.
- Instantly review and edit the code.
- Check when the code was last edited and by whom.
- Changes can be done within text or visuals.
- Easy to use and access anything in the app